CEO of multi-billion dollar healthcare lifestyle company joins board of directors to protect the potential of kids everywhere
NASHVILLE, TN (July 2, 2019) – GoCheck, creator of GoCheck Kids, an iPhone app used by over 4,500 pediatricians that screens for vision impairment in pre-verbal children, announced the addition of Donato Tramuto to its board of directors. Tramuto joins the board of notable individuals representing multiple areas of expertise in healthcare and ophthalmology.
Tramuto currently serves as the chief executive officer of Tivity Health, a leading provider of fitness and health improvement programs, with strong capabilities in developing and managing network solutions with 75 million members. Through its existing networks including, Silver Sneakers®, Nutrisystem®, South Beach Diet®, Prime® Fitness and WholeHealth Living TM, Tivity Health is focused on targeted population health for those 50 and over.
“Every child has a vision of what they want to be one day, but how will they see it if they live with a debilitating vision impairment the rest of their life? GoCheck Kids is working to make sure that every child has the opportunity to live to their full potential,” said Donato Tramuto. “As someone who dealt with an impairment from a young age, I understand what it means to silently struggle from a with something beyond your control. That’s why what GoCheck Kids is doing is so important. They are helping children get the preventative care they need when they need it, all while lowering healthcare costs so everyone can see what life has to offer.”
Prior to his role at Tivity Health, Tramuto was the CEO and chairman of the board for Aptus Health (formerly Physicians Interactive, a division of Allscripts) which was sold to Merck Global Health Innovation Fund in 2013 with three million healthcare practitioner members, CEO of i3 (a division of UnitedHealth Group) where he lead the $300+ million global pharmaceutical services division of UnitedHealth Group, CEO and co-founder of Constella Health Strategies (formerly Protocare, Inc.) which integrated into UnitedHealth Group.
In addition to his roster of prestigious leadership positions, Tramuto is the founder and president of Health eVillages, a program of Physicians Interactive (now known as Aptus Health) and the not-for-profit Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice & Human Rights, which provides state-of-the-art mobile health technology including medical reference and clinical decision support resources to medical professionals in the most challenging clinical environments around the world.
“As we grow our company we’re thrilled to have Donato contribute his expertise. Over the years, he has helped build truly transformational companies that have impacted millions of lives, and as a member of our board he will be able to impact to millions of kids everywhere,” said Kevon Saber, GoCheck Kids’ CEO and board member. “He is one of the most respected healthcare leaders in the country and his passion for health care and access to care will make him an indispensable addition to our board of directors.”
In addition to Tramuto, the following healthcare leaders serve on GoCheck Kids’ Board:
- David Huang, MD, PhD: Founder and Chief Innovation Officer of GoCheck Kids and co-inventor of Optical Coherence Tomography, the most widely used diagnostic in ophthalmology, Dr. Huang is the Peterson Professor of Ophthalmology and a Professor of Biomedical Engineering at the Oregon Health & Science University. He has 21 issued patents.
- Kevon Saber: Chief Executive Officer of GoCheck Kids, an experienced entrepreneur and mobile technology innovator.
- Michelle Snyder: Michelle Snyder: Chief Marketing Officer for Welltok, Inc. the leading consumer health Saas platform; Early executive at Epocrates and currently serves on the advisory board of First Descents
- Ben Chelf: Founding Partner of Elementum Ventures and co-founder of Coverity, a software quality and security company that was acquired by Synopsys. He is the head of the Venture Lab at the nonprofit Praxis, board chair of AnnieCannons and board member of The Veritas Forum.
- Drew Harman: Venture Partner at InterWest Partners & Shasta Ventures. Drew is also a Director at Aria Systems, NewsCred, Splice Machine and CloudPassage.
- Andrew Bouldin: Principal at FCA Venture Partners. He adds value to portfolio companies through operational advice, customer introductions, recruiting candidates, and assistance with financial initiatives and serves on seven of FCA’s portfolio companies boards of directors.
GoCheck, creator of GoCheck Kids, serves over 4,500 pediatric teams in the U.S. and Europe in their quest to prevent vision impairment, the most prevalent disabling condition among children in the U.S. and many countries. Vision diseases usually lead to compromised learning, blindness, and even death. GoCheck Kids made early screening affordable, reducing the cost by over 60% by leveraging the iPhone’s manufacturing scale. It’s also FDA-registered and CE certified.
Andrew Young, PR & Events Manager